Thursday, September 30, 2010

Facing the Day

It's been rainy and dreary the past few days. I set my alarm for 6:20am, not to get up, but to allow time to snuggle with Caelyn. She is getting accustomed to waking up at this time as well so things are going a little more smoothly in the morning. So, I wake up enough to poke her awake enough to climb under the covers next to me. It really is quite cozy, warm and sleepy, next to my baby girl, who's not such a baby anymore. It's hard to really wake up and get out of bed when the real alarm goes off at 6:55 (allowing for at least 2 five-minute snoozes), especially when it's still dark from it being so cloudy.

Anyway, here is a poem I wrote during class (No, not a poetry class. I was bored, and uh, wrote some words down).

Facing the Day

Warm
hidden
covers over my head
eyes shut tight

The sun is peeking up over the horizon
but I don't want to see it.

secret
alone
burrowing deeper
grasping for dreams

but as my mind awakens
I know I must
face the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment