Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blogging, and Exercise

I have just entered a Sprint Premier contest. I had to write, in at least 150 words, what I'm really fast at. It is judged off originality, creativity, and humor. My entry was pretty lame, I won't even mention it here. BUT, it's always nice to think about actually being chose as a semi-finalist, which there will be 10 of. Each semi-finalist wins an HTC EVO and a year of free service. I can't remember if ALL semi-finalists have to do it (should have read the official rules better?) but then they have to blog about using the HTC Evo, and 4 semi-finalists will be chosen as Finalists, each will get to spend a long weekend vacation in a nice place (Vegas, Maui, can't remember the other two places), and blog about their vacation. People/readers vote on the "best" blog, and that finalist wins an extra $4,000. Sounds pretty sweet to me.

Not that I'm going to win, but hey, I definitely WON'T win if I don't enter. So I entered.

On a happy note, I have been "training" for the upcoming PT (physical training) test that is happening this Saturday the 24th. Today, for the first time in [years], I have managed to run a passing time on the 2-mile! I have ALSO been able to do a passing amount of sit ups (under 2 minutes) for the past week now.

Dare I say that I will finish with a GO this weekend? Oh yes, I dare!  I will run once more tomorrow. Every successive run I have done, I have been able to shave time off, so I'm looking at tomorrow being no different.  Even if I do only as good as I did today, I should still be golden for Saturday. What MAY trip me up is taking the test at a god-awful early hour, but I don't see that being too big of a problem if I can get a good night's sleep beforehand.

So here is what I will be doing for the next few days: Drink water. Eat dinner. Wake up, eat breakfast, drink water, take Caelyn to daycare, RUN. Drink more water. Eat lunch. Eat dinner. Go to sleep early[er]. Wake up, drink water. Eat breakfast. Drive to Ft. Totten. Take PT test. PASS PT test. Celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment