Saturday, April 17, 2010

Filet Patterns

So, during my many searches for "free animal crochet patterns" I frequently came across these square charts called "filet." I had no idea why they came up or what the heck to do with them until I read an article in a fine crochet book that was sent to me by a friend (Thanks, Amy!). I saw the title "Filet" and then saw the grid pattern and a huge light bulb came up over my head.

SO, without further ado, I searched and searched for simple animal outline filet patterns. To no avail. I have it in my head that it would be awesome to have a number of different animal outlines all of equal block-size, and then put them together as a blanket. I'm not sure how to go about procuring these outline charts and have no hope of making them myself (for being artistically challenged in the drawing department).

I also tried to explain to my brother what I THOUGHT might work after I found a picture of animal shadows... shrink them down to about 60x60 pixels, then zoom in so I can see the blocks (individual pixels) and make the pattern from that. Either he can't do it, or he doesn't quite understand what I'm going for.

In light of this new development, I may just have to try my hand at an icon maker and see what I can come up with. Anyone else have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment