Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Exercising and Crocheting

It's been a while since my last post. I apologize! Today I started the Beach Body Insanity work out dvd's again today. It kicked my butt! I made it through the "warm-up" and skipped the following stretches because the bottoms of my feet were sore. Time to get some gel inserts or something! But I picked it up again and pushed through to the end. I won't get into the details. I don't want to make this an exercise blog or anything.

What I did do after the work-out was crochet! Yes. I am very happy to be crocheting again. Finally dug out my yarn for the crochet-along I started WAY back when and decided to finish it. So I sat and relaxed while watching this Australian cartoon on HUB (Dennis and Gnasher. Pretty much like an Australian version of Dennis the Menace) and crocheted for about 20 minutes. It's an easy enough pattern (uhhh, straight double crochet. Easy peasy) that I can put down and pick up very quickly without having to worry about losing my place or finding where I left off.

And speaking of crocheting, I finally finished the damn scarf I've been working on! It's so pretty, but I wish I had another skein to make it longer. I don't like scarves that are too short to wrap around my neck twice. Any shorter and they just seem to unwind and fall off. It's also a bit scratchy. The yarn felt so soft when it was all balled up, but once I worked it up it still feels kinda soft on my hands, but around my neck is much more sensitive and it made me all itchy. Maybe I'll try to sell it. I do have an Etsy account that I haven't yet utilized. I did buy another skein of the same yarn but in black and white instead of the gray and pink I had. I'll make another one and sell both of them. Whee!

But I'm determined to finish this darn blanket, and then my mom has another blanket that she started that I want to finish. It's kinda springy, blues and purples and greens, with dragonflies worked on some blocks. Very pretty! I've seen the yarn in a bag sitting in the hall every time I go up or down the stairs and it makes me want to just take it out and do it! But I'm going to finish the crochet-along first.

And that's about it. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment