Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Birthday Cake!

So, tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be turning 29. I feel like I shouldn't feel as young as I do, but at the same time I also feel very old. We had my birthday dinner last night, a humongous pot roast (omg it was soooo good), boiled potatoes, carrots, a pitcher of gravy, and Aldi's Chocolate Eclairs for dessert. MMmmm.

I love the day my birthday is on - my parents' wedding anniversary. I will never lose track of how long they've been married - this year will mark 31 years; Yay Mommy and Daddy!

I'm not sure how much more there is to blog about these days. My life is dull and boring. I don't go out because I have no friends here. I have no friends because I have no idea where to go to meet people. I don't feel like I fit in with other parents that are older than me (and married), but I also don't feel like I fit in with the younger/still single crowd either. It's a strange interim period in my life that's been lasting for the past 7 years or so.

I try to crochet a little bit every day, and I try to read a little bit every day. Two weekends ago I read The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. LeGuin, and it felt so good to read a novel over a weekend, like "yeah I still got it," like riding a bike. It had been so long since I read anything so feverishly, it felt really good to get lost in the words, to not have to think about real life for a while because I'm bored and boring and uninterested and uninteresting, tired and unhappy. I'm in a slump and I'm not sure how to get out of it. I'm hoping the warmer weather that is on its way (soon, I hope) will make me feel like being more active and busy with things. What things? Well, that's the question of the year, isn't it? I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment