Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Spark 12 Poem

Since I haven't written anything substantial here for quite a while, I figured I'd share my latest Spark creation. The following picture is what was sent to me, and the poem following that was the piece I wrote with the picture as inspiration. Enjoy!



The Forever Kiss

I wish I could kiss you forever
like that day we were on the beach.
I remember the tropical pinks and blues
of the blankets scattered across the sand,
the peach and brown and sunburn
of the bodies laying on orange flowered towels.
And you.

I remember you next to me,
sweat dripping from both our brows,
the sun merciless on our backs
as we lean in close.
Lips touch once, twice,
Continuous.

All afternoon,
covered in hot sand, our blanket askew,
unaware of the other tourists
one by one leaving the beach.

Alone, our lips still pressed together
until the chill of the moon over the ocean
pulls us back into our hotel room
where we kiss again
forever.

© Elizabeth Cordes, May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment